At Southeastern Metals™, every one of our employees are considered valued members of our team, working together to make our company a respected industry leader. We are always looking for motivated individuals seeking to grow with our company as we continue moving forward into the future. Southeastern Metals™ is proud to offer employees career opportunities founded in an environment of trust, confidence, and direct communication.
Full-time employees enjoy a competitive pay and benefits package, including:
- Base compensation
- Quarterly profit sharing bonuses or applicable incentive program
- Medical insurance including prescription coverage and employee assistance program
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 10 paid holidays
- Paid vacation plan
- Tuition reimbursement plan
- 401K available after 6 months employment with matching company feature
- Company paid life insurance
- Available short term and long term disability coverage
- Pre-tax flexible spending accounts
It is our policy to provide equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for positions in our company. All decisions regarding hiring and promotion will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. No individual will be discriminated against regarding employment or promotion because of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, military status, or other characteristics protected by law.
Southeastern Metals™ Manufacturing (SEMCO) located in Jacksonville, Florida, is an EEO employer and is committed to a drug free workplace. We were founded in 1963 and became a member of the Gibraltar Industries family in 1997. We produce galvanized steel and aluminum building components, specializing in metal roofing products, ventilation, trims, flashings, steel framing, corner bead, and drywall accessories, as well as Gutter Helmet, the world’s premier gutter protection system.
We are currently seeking an accountant who will be responsible for the following duties and who meets the minimum requirements of the position.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Compiles and analyzes financial information
- Prepares journal entries and develops month end accruals
- Performs Journal entries
- Ensures subsidiary ledgers are in balance with general ledger
- Performs statistical analysis to determine trends, estimates, & significant changes
- Reviews receivable and payables agings
- Reviews standard variance reports
- Performs labor utilization reviews
- Reconciles inter-company activity
- Reconciles balance sheet accounts
- Calculates monthly sales commissions
- Collects appropriate data, prepares and files state & local sales and use tax.
- Assists in the development, documentation & implementation of accounting processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 2+ years experience
- ERP experience with Syteline and/or JD Edwards
- Accounting with manufacturing experience
- Microsoft Office
If you have the above qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please e-mail your resume and salary requirements to email@example.com. Any resumes received without experience in the job requirements listed above and/or without a salary requirement indicated, will not be considered.